Volunteer Guardians Make a big difference in a small amount of time.
Be that someone!
Wouldn’t it be nice to have someone on your side, looking out for you when you have to make big decisions? All it takes is a few hours a month, a willingness to get to know someone and an interest in helping them reach their goals.
Volunteer Guardians act in the best interest of the assigned person, serving as an advocate and substitute decision-maker in the care and management of the person's medical and personal affairs. Volunteer Guardians are appointed by a county probate court. Cuyahoga DD's general counsel guides Volunteer Guardians every step of the way - - through the legal process, formal appointment and anytime there are questions. The person's support team of professionals and direct care provider(s) serve as partners to ensure the person reaches his/her goals.
Volunteer Guardian responsibilities
• Meet in person with individual at least six times per year. Conduct other activities as needed.
• Have telephone/digital contact with the person and/or care provider (day or residential) to discuss the person's well-being during the months you are unable to make a visit.
• Prepare and maintain records and reports concerning activi-ties with or on behalf of the person you're supporting as re-quired by Probate Court, Cuyahoga DD, and/or other service providers.
• Record service hours online (monthly) spent carrying out your role and responsibilities as a Volunteer Guardian.
• Participate in annual continuing education/training (encouraged and may be required).
How to become a volunteer
• Be at least 21 years old.
• Complete our volunteer application process including an application, reference check, interview, orientation and background and criminal record checks.
• Complete the required training offered by the Supreme Court of Ohio, available online.
Contact Jimmy Lowe, Community Inclusion Specialist
Phone: 216-736-8378 or Email: email@example.com
Our mission is to support and empower people with developmental disabilities to live, learn, work and play in the community.
Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: